Senior Scientist, Protein and Antibody Production and Characterization
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join a talented team dedicated to the generation and characterization of milligram to gram quantities of recombinant proteins to support exciting early discovery and preclinical research projects.
- The successful candidate will be directly responsible for developing and implementing strategies for the rapid expression and purification of proteins from mammalian, baculovirus/insect cell, and E. coli expression systems.
- Work will also involve the analytical characterization of a variety of proteins and protein formats, including mAbs, multi-specifics, and fusion proteins, utilizing techniques such as SDS-PAGE, protein quantitation, SEC, and endotoxin analysis, among others.
- S/he will work to develop and assimilate new technologies in the areas of protein expression and purification with the aim to improve our core processes and reduce cycle times.
- The incumbent may also be responsible for leading and advancing projects within the biologics research organization in partnership with colleagues in our therapeutic areas.
- The candidate should have effective communication skills, the ability to present data in well-organized written and oral formats, and the skills necessary to manage multiple projects in a collaborative team environment.
- Requires a Ph.D. degree in the life sciences with a minimum of 4 years of relevant lab experience in academia or industry or a Bachelor or Master degree with significant relevant experience (minimum of 12 years) and accomplishments.
- Must have demonstrated skills and working knowledge of cell culture, column chromatography (operation of manual and automated chromatography systems), and a fundamental understanding and the ability to apply an array of basic molecular analytical methods (e.g. SDS-PAGE, immunoblotting, protein quantitation, analytical SEC, etc).
- Demonstrated success with mammalian and E. coli expression systems is essential.
- Experience with the production and purification of multi-specific antibody formats, and/or automation of protein production procedures to maximize throughput would be considered strong additional assets.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
To apply for this job please visit sanofi.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.