Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and well-being of people around the globe with well-known and respected products that provide healthcare professionals with accurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC). Our core competencies and capabilities focus on immunoassay and molecular testing in the areas of: infectious disease, women’s health, and virology.
Quidel is searching for an Associate Scientist to join our team in the Beverly, MA location. The Associate Scientist will participate in Research and Development activities toward development, enhancement, validation, and transfer of molecular diagnostic assays or associated technologies to manufacturing.
The qualified Associate Scientist will participate in the development of new applications for nucleic acid-based molecular diagnostics and developing new assays for Quidel’s Savanna automated molecular diagnostic platform.
- Ph.D. in Biological or Life Sciences.
- Hands-on experience in a molecular biology laboratory.
- Knowledge in nucleic acid amplification and molecular diagnostics.
- Experienced molecular biology skills such as PCR and DNA cloning.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute experiments such as proving feasibility, developing new processes, characterizing materials and setting specifications, troubleshooting problems.
- Working knowledge of relevant analytical tools for designing of experiments, data analysis, problem solving, etc.
- Ability to consistently meet proposed objective timelines, apply competent use of project planning and project management skills.
- Demonstrated appropriate computer skills.
- Demonstrated team work experience with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism, self-motivation, proactivity, maturity and a desire to succeed.
Before you apply, please make sure you share Quidel’s values. We pride ourselves on keeping these values in mind every day as we execute on goals and plan for the future. We are seeking employees who share the same mindset and commitment to be customer driven, focused on execution, and new product oriented. We succeed by being determined, optimistic team players.
Quidel is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans). We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit search10.smartsearchonline.com.