Research Scientist, Tools and Assay Development
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies for engineering microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a motivated individual for a research scientist position that will specialize in genetic tool and assay development. This person will be expected to tackle a variety of challenges as an integral part of Manus Bio’s R&D team.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
- Develop and characterize novel genetic parts and tools to expand Manus Bio’s molecular biology platform
- Optimize existing methods and workflows for vector construction and chromosomal engineering for higher efficiencies and throughput
- Develop novel assays to measure diverse target compounds with increased throughput
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to effectively communicate plans and results for tool and assay development
- Lead seamless implementation and integration of newly developed tools into the team’s workflows
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or a related field
- Expertise in designing genetic tools for cloning and chromosomal manipulations
- Experience in developing medium to high throughput assays for product quantification or cellular analysis
- Knowledge and experience in microbial physiology and metabolic engineering is a plus
- Critical thinker with enthusiasm for deriving solutions to complex challenges in a biotechnology lab.
Preferred Working Style:
- Must be very well-organized and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a quick learner who is self-motivated and able to ask questions and seek clarity.
- Must be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Must be an excellent team member with strong communication skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Must hold him or herself to the highest professional, scientific and ethical standards.
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
To apply for this job please visit manusbio.recruiterbox.com.