R&D Scientist – BioAssay Solutions and Cell Analysis
Research Scientist, BioAssay Solutions, Cell Analysis, Agilent
Working as part of a multi-national inter-disciplinary team, this position is for an individual with a strong scientific background in the field of immunology or a related biological science. You will play a central role in conceiving and developing innovative, functional, metabolism-focused, in vitro Solutions for the rapidly evolving Immunology and Cell Therapy markets; support collaborators and end-users; and contribute to specific marketing efforts to communicate the utility of these cutting-edge Solutions. A rigorous, analytical, detail-orientated approach to experimental design, project management, data generation and data interpretation is also required. The role will involve occasional travel, engaging with end-users and partners to develop or embed technologies, and participating in international conferences, training events and end-user workshops.
Designs Agilent products and specifies the components that make up the products. Designs and develops products, processes, systems, services or scientific applications using broad engineering concepts and research techniques. Documents research and design specifications. Facilitates transition of product design and enhancement to full production/delivery.
- Works on research and development assignments with broadly defined objectives
- Solves non-routine issues, challenges and problems within field of specialization
- Research: Designs and implements research studies aimed at new technologies, products and services. Creates new concepts in certain fields. In the Agilent environment, this relates to employees working in Agilent Labs.
- Hardware: Designs and develops hardware products.
- Software: Designs and develops software programs, products and tools required for the operation and control of programmable products.
- IC Design: Designs and develops integrated circuits.
- Scientist: Designs and implements research studies aimed at new technologies, products and services in the bioscience field.
Attributes and skills which would enable you to excel in this position include:
- A PhD (or MSc with equivalent relevant training and experience) in a relevant academic discipline and state-of-the-art knowledge of functional immunological assays including flow cytometry, plate reader assays, and relevant cell biology techniques.
- Self-motivated and adaptable team player with strong analytical skills and desire to be part of a high-achieving inter-disciplinary team.
- Strong live-cell assay development experience, with specific expertise in immunometabolism and related metabolic signaling, ideally with a working knowledge of the Seahorse XF platform.
- Goal-orientated and comfortable dealing with multiple disciplines and parallel projects
- Creative and enthusiastic, with strong attention to detail, demonstrated project management capabilities, good time management and a demonstrated ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
How you match
Criteria provided by job poster
Research and Development (R&D)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.