Delivery Innovation & Process Development Internship
Intellia is looking for a skilled and highly motivated ‘Summer Intern Student’ to work with the Delivery Science Team to support the development of CRISPR/Cas9 based therapeutics. The primary responsibilities for this position will be to prepare formulations for experimental nucleic acids delivery (lipid nanoparticles), support analytical characterization of formulations, provide support for internal research projects for process development.
- Support formulation efforts including preparation and characterization of lipid nanoparticles (LNPs)
- Provide high quality, well characterized material for in vitro and in vivo evaluation
- Assist in supporting formulation process development effort focused on UF/DF optimization.
- Conduct experiments independently and in collaboration with colleagues in support of project goals
- Maintain laboratory notebook for executed activities
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Previous experience with lipid constructs (liposomes, LNPs) and/or nucleic acids and proteins
- Experience with HPLC and other chromatographic purification techniques
- Experience with spectroscopic assays (UV, fluorescence) and nucleic acids or protein delivery
- Experience with process development and TFF (tangential flow filtration)
- Competitive background in chemistry, biology, chemical engineering or relative disciplines.
- Experience with basic laboratory operations (pipetting, liquid handling, weighing, etc., 96-well plate assays, UV spectroscopy, fluorescence)
- Experienced in maintaining laboratory records (notebooks, MS Excel) and communicating results (PowerPoint)
- Integrity and self-motivation
- Independent execution after training
- Critical thinking and challenging knowledge
- Attention to detail and thorough execution
- Advanced time management skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral)
POSITION: Internship/Co-op, Non-exempt
EEOC Statement : Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.